December Newsletter article
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
Thank you to all of the 2014 volunteers that helped make ASQ PGH great and Thank you for allowing me to be your Chair for 2014.
I am pleased to announce Mike Sandusky has volunteered to serve as the 2015 Membership Chair. Welcome Mike to the SLC.
Call for Volunteers
The Keystone Alliance for Performance Excellence is looking for examiners for the 2015 Award cycle.
How will you benefit if you volunteer?
- Network with some of Pennsylvania’s foremost experts in business, education, health care, government and other not-for-profit organizations
- Develop analytical and consensus building skills and a systems perspective. and
- Attend the annual ceremony where leaders of recipient organizations are presented with the Award for Excellence
Interested? Please visit - http://keystonealliance.com/
The latest from HQ - dues increase
- At its November 2014 meeting, the ASQ Board of Directors affirmed that investing in and improving member value is and will continue to be its top priority.
- The Board approved plans to significantly enhance the ASQ Web site performance and capabilities through a new content management platform. The planned 2015 platform deployment and continued work on search engine optimization will deliver easier, more rapid access to content and the Quality Body of Knowledge (QBoK®).
- The ASQ Web site and the member experience will also be improved in the next year through planned implementation of a new e-commerce platform and system, enabling a single shopping cart for online purchases and easier management of member renewal and dues payment options, among a host of enhanced services.
- Another technology project in the Board-approved 2015 plan is the deployment of an improved new association management system. The AMS will support new, more flexible member service, features and benefits; multiple language and currency options; improved member profiling capabilities to better target communications and information; and, for member leaders, improved reports and member data analyses.
- In addition to these and other planned updates to an aging technology infrastructure, the Board’s increased and responsive attention to improving member value in the next year also will include:
- a responsive, action plan to the recent Voice of the Customer Committee research on Member Loyalty, which focused on opportunities to improve the performance of sections, divisions and ASQ as a whole, as well as outreach to younger demographics and other member segments;
- re-engineering and testing new membership and engagement models and programs, locally and globally, for individuals and organizations over the next year;
- expanding the popular International Team Excellence Award program and portfolio; and
- expanding the Society’s attention to leadership and professional development programs.
The ambitious technology and program enhancement plans are described in the 2015 ASQ Business Plan, which also includes dues increases approved by the Board to begin in 2015 for individual and organizational members. The annual individual full-member dues, for instance, will increase by $13--just over $1-per-month--for new members as of January 1, 2015, and beginning July 1, 2015, for renewing members. The dues increase will advance the technology, value improvement and program deliverables while also assuring a sound financial future and reserves for the Society. The 2015 ASQ Business Plan, strategic priorities, key projects and budget, will be available to members, and will be deployed through member, staff leaders and management over the coming months.
That’s All Folks!
Remember: all Member Leaders and Members have 3 roles: member, customer and salesperson to increase participation in events and membership retention and growth.